The Image Processing
and Informatics Laboratory (IPI) is located at Annenberg Research Park, 734 West Adams Blvd. Los Angeles, California 90089..
Our research facility includes
PACS Simulator, Fault-tolerance Server, Data Grid, PACS workstations,
CAD servers, and connections to two clinical PACS.
Reseach topics include:
- Computer Aided Detection and Diagnosis
- Data Grid and Image Archival
- Imaging Informatics Technology
- PDA Application in Clinical Environment
- Radiation Therapy Informatics
- Clinical Workflow Model
- CAD - PACS Integration Toolkit
- EPR for a surgical environment
IPILab Update: RSNA 2011
August 24th, 2011
IPILab have 10 abstracts accepted to RSNA (Radiological Society of North America) 2011, as well as two abstracts from our collaborators.
The list is as follows:
- Extending Imaging Informatics beyond Radiology: A Web-based Multimedia System to Improve Decision Support through Movement Analysis of Elite Athletes [Educational Exhibit]
- Clinical Experiences and Challenges from the Implementation of a Zero Footprint Mobile DICOM WADO Display Solution for Smartphones and Tablets [Poster]
- A Novel Multimedia Electronic Patient Record (ePR) system to Enhance the Workflow, Accuracy, and Management of Various Types of Image-assisted (IA) Surgery [Computer Exhibit]
- Data Mining Utilizing DICOM RT Objects for Knowledge Discovery in Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer.[Poster]
- Spatial Normalization of Lesioned Brains: Impact on fMRI Region of Interest Analyses. [Poster]
- A Comprehensive Online Imaging Informatics Systems for a Large Scale Clinical Stroke Rehabilitation Trial.[Computer Exhibit]
- An Automatic Multiple Sclerosis Lesion Tracking Tool for Longitudinal MRI Studies. [Educational Exhibit]
- Evaluation of Stereoscopic 3D Digital Mammography on Lesion Assessment and Confidence Levels: A Preliminary Study [Poster]
- A Dynamic Online Radiology Directory and Request Queuing System to Increase Efficiency and Enhance Clinician-Radiologist Communication Workflow. [Poster]
- A timeline widget correlating MRI lesion load and EDSS parameters in a large cohort for MS patients. [Computer Exhibit]
Tow abstracts from Collaborators:
Maria Law, PhD, Hong Kong University :
- The Efficacy of Lingzhi (Ganoderma Lucidum) on Radiation Side Effects and Quality of Life in Patients with Nasopharyngeal Cancer Undergoing Radiotherapy [Poster and Presentation]
Anh Le, PhD, University of Florida:
- Automatic Treatment Plan Evaluation Utilizing a Web-based Electronic Patient Record (ePR) System and a Computer-aided Evaluation (CAE) for Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) Plans [Poster]
We would appreciate your interests in our topics.
IPILab Update: Congratulations to Dr. Jasper Lee
August 24th, 2011
Contratulations to Dr. Jasper Lee! He obtained his doctoral of philosophy degree in Biomedical Engineering, USC in the December, 2010. His PhD thesis, “Molecular imaging data grid (MIDG) for multi-site small animal imaging research based on OGSA and IHE XDS-i”, is a critical breakthrough in the imaging informatics field.
IPILab Update: June 29th, 2010
June 29th, 2010
It has been several months since our last update, and we have several big news:
1. Congratulations to Dr. Anh Le, who has successfully defended her PhD thesis titled “Mining an ePR System Using A Treatment Plan Navigator for Radiation Toxicity to Evaluate Proton Therapy Treatment Protocol for Prostate Cancer” this April, and has since obtained her doctoral degree in Biomedical Engineering. We would like to congratulate and commend her for her hard work and wish her well in her future careers.
2. IPILab has moved to our new location earlier this June. We are now located in Kerkhoff Hall on University Park Campus, closer to other research facilities in Department of Biomedical Engineering. We are very excited about new research possibilities, including collaborations with other engineering laboratories, with our move, and we will also continue our close relationships with our existing and new research collaborators at the Health Science Campus. Our official address is:
Annenberg Research Park
734 West Adams Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90089-8300
Please stay tuned for our upcoming updates regarding our projects, our RSNA 2010 submissions, and other news.
IPILab Update: SPIE 2010
February 19th, 2010
IPILab had a total number of 10 presentations and 1 poster presentation in this year’s SPIE Medical Imaging Conference in San Diego, CA. We would like to thank all of you who came to the conference and listened to our presentations and discussions. We would also like to congratulate Mr. Jasper Lee for winning the Cum Laude award for his poster presentation titled “Data Migration and Persistence Management in a Medical Imaging Informatics Data Grid.”
We have also completed and distributed our 2010 Annual Report during the SPIE conference. We also have made our past annual reports (from 2004 to 2010) available to download at http://www.ipilab.org/AnnualReport. Printed books are also available to pick up at our office.